Terms & Conditions
At Nauticalia, we sell traditional nautical gifts and practical boating accessories on a wholesale basis to gift shops, museums, chandleries, etc. We are unable to sell directly to personal customers who are asked to buy from our approved stockists (please call us on +44 (0)1932 244396 or use the contact form for details of your nearest Nauticalia stockist).
How to Order
You can order by internet, e-mail, fax or phone. We can also arrange for our agents to visit you. When using this website to place orders, we will not ask you for any payment online – once you submit your order, we will check our stocks and arrange payment with you by one of the methods below.
Prices, where shown, exclude VAT and carriage and are subject to minimum order quantities specified.
Most of the items shown are held in stock, ready for immediate dispatch. If we are unable to supply a particular item at the time of order, we will ‘back order’ it, and send it post-free when it is back in stock. You will not be charged until we dispatch the goods.
- Debit or Credit Card - Make payments directly to our office by telephone. Ring 01932 244396 to use your credit or debit card and simply quote your card number, its expiry date, the CVV number and the amount you wish to pay. Payment will not be deducted from your card until goods are despatched. All your transactions are secure and will be kept confidential.
- Cheque – Please make your cheque payable to Nauticalia Ltd. Write your account number, name and address clearly on the back. Place your unfolded cheque into an envelope and post it to our accounts at: Nauticalia Ltd, The Ferry Point, Ferry Lane, Shepperton, TW17 9LQ.
- Interbank Transfer/BACS - Use your invoice/statement payment slips to pay by BACS. Simply take the invoice/statement into your own bank branch and pay over the counter. Use your own branch as other banks may charge for this service.
- Proforma - A proforma invoice will be raised when you place an order. The amount will be payable before goods are taken into receipt.
- A 30 day credit account is available* for our Trade customers, please fill in the Credit Account Form and return to us by post, fax or email. It may take up to 14 days to administer and set up a credit account.
*Terms and Conditions will apply
Delivery charges and schedules depend on destination and order value, please refer to your specific terms for further details.
Returns and Cancelled Orders
There is no automatic right to return stock or cancel orders. In the event of us agreeing to accept returns or an order cancellation a handling fee of 20% will be implemented, and all other costs involved in returning stock will be charged (freight, cleaning, etc). This clause also relates to goods seized in the event of us enforcing our retention to title. Items that have been personalised may not be returned for credit unless they are faulty.
Loss or Damage in Transit
Customers must notify us within two days of arrival of any breakages or losses during transit. Customers signing for receipt of goods should check them first or add a disclaimer to the receipt. In the case of damaged goods, the goods and the original packaging must be retained for inspection by the carrier and our insurers. Notification outside this time period may invalidate any insurance claim. In the event of goods being returned, carriage arrangements must be agreed with Nauticalia beforehand.
Direct Despatch Terms
Where we send items directly to your customers, goods will be supplied at our trade unit (not volume) prices, with a handling charge of £4 per order. Carriage will be charged at our current rate plus 10% (minimum £10 combined).
A further handling charge of £4 will be made for all returns, refused deliveries and/or return to senders. We will not arrange, or pay for, returns to be collected. We generally do not despatch goods directly to your overseas customers - they should be sent to you to check and forward on. If we agree to send goods to an overseas address then we will not be responsible for damages, failed deliveries, wrong products sent, or goods not wanted.
Descriptions, Images, and Measurements
Descriptions and images are correct at the time of publication. Products supplied may vary slightly from those shown, in particular hand-made items which depend on the artist’s mood. All measurements, weights, and capacities shown are approximate. Please contact us for more accurate dimensions if you have a specific need.
Use of product images and copy
We are happy for customers to use our logos, product images, and copy in connection with the promotion and sale of Nauticalia products – on your websites, catalogues and press releases for example. However, they, and our trading names and styles, must not be used in connection with goods from any other source.
Nauticalia Ltd, The Ferry Point, Ferry Lane, Shepperton on Thames, TW17 9LQ, England. Tel: +44 (0)1932 244396 E-mail: email@example.com. Company registered in England No 228 2064 ~ VAT Registration GB193 0354 15.